💰 In our seventh episode of 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗪𝗘𝗘𝗞 𝗔𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗗, we are joined by special guest Michael Quinn Sullivan, Publisher at Texas Scorecard and discuss the state budget proposal that is moving through the Texas legislative process as well as the varying approaches to property tax relief and what they ultimately mean for Texas taxpayers.
- Legislation Cited:
- House Bill 1: General Appropriations Act (Proposed State Budget for FY2024-25)
- House Bill 2: Property Tax Relief Act
- Senate Bill 3: Homestead Exemption Increase
- Senate Bill 4: Additional Property Tax Relief
- Senate Bill 5: Increasing the Business Personal Property Tax Exemption
- Senate Bill 175: Ban on Taxpayer-Funded Lobbying
Texans for Fiscal Responsibility relies on the support of private donors across the Lone Star State in order to promote fiscal responsibility and pro-taxpayer government in Texas. Please consider supporting our efforts! Thank you!
Get The Fiscal Note! Our free weekly roll-up on all the current events that could impact your wallet. Subscribe today!