The following is a list of resources intended to provide information as to make you best prepared to engage with your elected officials at the state level.
- Find Your Legislator(s)
- Fiscal Responsibility Index
- Legislative Staff Directory
- Texas Senate
- Texas House of Representatives
- Texas Legislature Online (TLO)
- Texas Constitution
- Texas State Statutes
- Texas Legislative Reference Library
- Texas State Law Library
- Legislative Budget Board (LBB)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I watch/listen to the proceedings?
- There are multiple ways to watch/listen to the proceedings of both the Texas Senate and Texas House of Representatives, including committee proceedings. For the Texas Senate, you can find broadcasts here and for the Texas House of Representatives, you can find broadcasts here. If you are looking for previous proceedings, you can find the archived video for the Texas Senate here and for the Texas House of Representatives overall chamber here as well as their committee hearings here.
How can I find out who my lawmaker(s) are?
How can I contact my lawmaker(s)?
How can I find out how my lawmaker(s) voted on particular legislation?
- There are a few ways to do this and sadly neither approach is very intuitive. We recommend using Texas Legislature Online (TLO). For a guide on how to best use this resource go here. This portal allows you to do both simple and more advanced searches based on particular legislation and legislative action. If you are interested in a particular piece of legislation, you can also set up personalized alerts for when action is taken on that legislation as a part of the legislative process. Alternatively, you can also review the journals of the Texas Senate and Texas House of Representatives (As a disclaimer, many times updated journal entries can take a few days to be made public with the official vote records)