Who We Are
Texans for Fiscal Responsibility is an independent educational non-profit organization seeking to illuminate the actions of government, educate and equip citizens to effectively advocate for pro-taxpayer reforms, and hold lawmakers accountable for their actions.
Tim Hardin serves as the President and CEO of Texans for Fiscal Responsibility. Tim has his undergrad in Philosophy and Political Science from the University of North Texas he also earned his Master’s in Biblical Studies from West Coast Baptist College. Tim is a small businessman, and pastor, and served as Chief of Staff in the Texas House for 8 years. He resides in Fort Worth with his wife Luisa and five children, Elijah, Noah, Micah, Jeremiah, and Selah.
Andrew McVeigh currently serves as Executive Director of Texans for Fiscal Responsibility. Born into a military family, Andrew is a proud graduate of Texas A&M University, with a Bachelors of Arts in Political Science. Andrew has worked on or managed campaigns for conservative candidates in Texas, and worked in the Texas Legislature, including as a Chief of Staff, for 4 years. He is a husband, a faithful Christian, and proud son of Texas. He currently resides in Austin with his wife.
What We Do
- The Fiscal Responsibility Index Holds Lawmakers Accountable to Taxpayers
- The Texas Prosperity Plan Is TFR’s Policy Goals To Achieve A Fiscally Responsible Texas
- We Produce Articles and Explainers Helping Taxpayers Continually
- Our Weekly Newsletter “The Fiscal Note” Keeps Taxpayers Informed
- We Speak And Educate Taxpayers Around Texas Year-Round