💰 In this episode of 𝗧𝗔𝗫𝗣𝗔𝗬𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗔𝗟𝗞𝗦, we discuss the upcoming state budget “debate” to take place in the Texas House of Representatives and why it is more like orchestrated political theatre than a heartfelt debate among lawmakers. We also discuss the prospects for property tax relief as a part of the deliberations.
- TFR Legislative Priorities
- House Bill 1: General Appropriations Act (Proposed State Budget for FY2024-25)
- House Leadership’s Prioritized Property Tax “Relief” Proposals:
- House Bill 2: Texas Property Tax Relief Act
- Compilation of Opposition to Appraisal Cap Provision in House Bill 2
Texans for Fiscal Responsibility relies on the support of private donors across the Lone Star State in order to promote fiscal responsibility and pro-taxpayer government in Texas. Please consider supporting our efforts! Thank you!
Get The Fiscal Note, our free weekly roll-up on all the current events that could impact your wallet! Subscribe today!