- The Texas Legislative Process (Being Updated)
- How to Use Texas Legislature Online – TLO (Being Updated)
- Capitalism vs. Socialism (Being Updated)
- Government Overreach (Being Updated)
- Corporate Welfare (Being Updated)
- Property Taxes: An Overview (Being Updated)
As a part of our mission, we endeavor to educate citizens to advocate for pro-taxpayer reforms and hold lawmakers accountable for their actions. We believe that part of that mission begins by ensuring citizens have an understanding of how certain parts of their government work. The following explainers are a collection of short videos attempting to break down perhaps some of the more complicated government functions.
Budget & Government Spending
- How Does the Texas Budget Work? (Video)
- What is the Legislative Budget Board or LBB? (Video)
- Who is the Comptroller? (Video)
- What Does the Governor Do in the Budget Process? (Video)
- What is the Texas Rainy Day Fund?
- What is the Texas Enterprise Fund?
- What is Taxpayer-Funded Lobbying?
- What is the Texas State Auditors Office or SAO? (Video)
- What is the “No New Revenue Rate”?
- What are the Alternatives to the Property Tax?
- What are Chapter 313 Tax Abatements?
Economics & Philosophy
- What is Keynesian Economics?
- What is the Overton Window?
- What is the World Economic Forum?
- What is ESG?
- What is Fractional Reserve Banking?
- What is the Relationship Between Interest Rates and Inflation?
- How do Party Conventions Work?